- Securing a Passport
In preparation for international missions, KDMI participants will secure a passport (see the CGCS for assistance). The cost of securing the passport maybe offset by the KDMI.
- Each student is personally responsible for 100% of the deposit amount (10% of the trip cost) by the date posted by the CGCS.
- Seven weeks before the trip, the student is responsible for raising 25% of the total trip (including the deposit). After reaching 25%, the KDMI will match the funds raised.
- Three weeks before the trip, the student is responsible for raising an additional 25% of the total trip cost. After raising the second 25%, the KDMI will match those funds.
- In summary, the student is responsible for raising 50% of the trip cost and KDMI will match the funds raised.
- Fundraising in an Underresourced Context
- KDMI participants are required to complete the Fundraising in Underresourced Context
- Listen to the audio file
- Answer the following questions with 100 words each:
- In your own words, articulate why it is usually more difficult for minorities to raise support for short or long-term missions than for those in majority culture?
- What ideas from the video will help you raise funds for the upcoming trip, and how will you execute them?
- What fund raising strategies will you implement as a leader of an organization to help minorities fundraise? Also, clarify why you would chose those methods over others.
- Team Meetings
One major obstacle for churches and ministries beginning a Great Commission DNA is knowing the practical steps for planning a mission trip. KDMI participants will have a “behind the scenes” look at the mission trip planning process.